Thursday, April 7, 2011

Genealogy

I have been really working hard on my genealogy lately to prepare for a SLC Family History Center trip my mom and I are taking.  I'm so excited to go on this trip, but I am also very nervous at the same time.  I have never left my kids overnight before and I'm leaving for 4 days and they are staying here.  Their dad will be here with them, but he's not accustom to doing everything by himself.  I have a system down that works and routines that I follow.  I trust him completely, but he just doesn't have the same experience as I do with that kind of stuff.  What if he forgets Daniel's meds?  What if Eli decides he won't eat unless he can nurse?  What if Matthew is taking care of Daniel and Eli gets into something he shouldn't?  What if...what if...what if...!!!  I am SO nervous!  I know I'll be calling home a couple hundred times a day to make sure everyone's ok.  I just hope I can also enjoy myself and learn a lot while I'm away.  And hopefully this experience will give Matthew a glimpse of the kind of work a mom does everyday.  Not that he doesn't already appreciate the work I do, but he will definitely have a better understanding of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment